Saturday, August 16, 2008

Twilight


These are the girls who got me hooked...thanks ladies!!
:)






So we were in Irvine California last weekend for a soccer tournament. We went early so we could hang out at the beach. While we were there one of the players on the Ballistic '92 girls team was reading a book. When I asked about it I was informed that it was the 4th in a series by Stephenie Meyer.



Later in the weekend I saw several mothers of the players who had one of the books in the series as well. I asked about the books again and was intrigued.



So I gave into my curiosity yesterday and went to Target and purchased the first in the series...Twilight. As I was in the check out line a woman said to me, "you won't be able to put it down". I told her that I hated to read and the last series I read was "Harry Potter". She went on, "if you liked those books you will enjoy these as well", she also told my children that they probably wouldn't see me for a while. She was right....when I am into a book I stick with it until its done!! Sorry kids!



So last night while at sitting at soccer practice I began to read. I have not put it down. (Well, I did to watch Michael Phelps with an unbelievable 7th gold medal win....that is another blog in itself!!)



I hate reading it is not one of my top 10 things to do....but this is captivating. Go get it if you haven't!! You won't be sorry!!





1 comment:

Catherine Noorda said...

hey i'm from irvine. my family moved there when i was 2 and i didn't leave until college. i miss it terribly. it made me homesick to hear that you were just there! :) fun.