Monday, August 18, 2008

More than an Obsession

So as posted previously, last Friday (the 15th of August) I purchased and began reading Twilight. Intrigued by all that I had heard it was time to see what all the hype was over. I didn't/couldn't put it down and by 4:00pm on Saturday the 16th I had finished it and was on my way to Target to pick up book #2. While I was perusing through the book isle I noticed the final 2 books in the series and thought to myself "why not?". So I picked up the 3 books remaining books. I am sure people thought I was nuts to what do I care?
So when I returned home I locked my self in my room and continued my story with Bella and Edward. I was emotional invested in these two now and needed to know how their story would turn out. I stopped briefly to watch Michael and the other 3 Americans win the gold and then it was back to my/our world. By early Sunday evening (the 17th of August) I had completed the 2nd book and was "thirsty" for more. So I continued on my quest with my new friends.
I have only just begun book 3. Getting back to the "real world" was difficult this morning. I would be perfectly content to stay in bed and finish the story of my new friends. It is not likely that I will go through the next 2 with the swiftness of the 2 before. However I do have a goal to finish them by the end of the weekend.
***Update***
I finished the 3rd installment late late late last night (Monday August 18th) (quite possibly early this a.m.)
I have not had time to start the 4th and final (so we think). But luck is on my side as there is soccer practice tonight....so I will have time to dive in!! I am so excited to see how Bella and Edward's story "ends".

Have you been biten by the phenomenon that is "Twilight"?

(once I finish the Breaking Dawn I will give my opinion of each book...in case you care!!)

No comments: