Monday, September 8, 2008


In my quest to be a better example to my children...I am trying to read more! If you don't know this about me...I HATE to read. I have better things to do with my time. There is one exception however...the book has to capture me and then that is all that I will do until it is complete.
I saw the movie trailer for "Nights in Ronanthe" a couple of weeks ago and decided then and there that I would go and see this opening night (so if you are interested let me know...a girls night out perhaps?). The song is what got me...I love Gavin Rossdale and he sings the song that is played in the trailer, at the moment one of my favs!

Anyway...back to the reason for the post. I was walking through Taget and saw the book. I thought that I could read it and then go see the movie. Well, I finished the book and knew that it would be a tearjerker because it was written my Nicholas Sparks. I should know better....shame on me. (If you don't know he is the author of "the Notebook" and "A Walk To Remember". Two of my all time favorites!)

I was a mess at the end of the book. Devestated. I think that the movie may be ruined for me. I think that I would have rather just seen the movie. Why did I have to do the right thing and be an example to my kids by reading??!!

2 comments:

Catherine Noorda said...

i'm ALWAYS up for a good chick flick tear jerker. let's make a date!

Alex said...

Girls night out sounds awesome. I'm glad you are still blogging!!